Friday, January 1, 2010

Your Blog is not a Diary

I was just analyzing the response to my previous post. It was quite lukewarm.

- The average time spent on the post was close to 3 1/2 minutes - a clear indication that the readers either just skimmed through it or left when they were halfway through.

- Some even came up with suggestions asking me to spice up the narration.

- Blogs on experiences are ubiquitous. To stand out, I need to distinguish myself either by citing incidents which people have never heard of (or) by analyzing a situation differently (reminds me of 'Freakonomics').


To sum it up, I hadn't lived up to the expectations of my readers.

But I promise to come up with a better one next time.

2 comments:

  1. If the average time is 210 seconds, there wud be ppl who left the page in 1 second and there'd be those who spent 419 seconds on it.

    419's much more than wat I needed to read thru. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Aswin: Perhaps you are right. But I wanted to write something which people can relate to...visualize the scenes and stuff...and this probably would take about 6 mins....

    Anyways, it's been a nice learning curve for me.

    ReplyDelete